Friday, July 01, 2005

You know just where I dream to go

My sis and I have never been really close. Altho astrology books claim that saggitarians and aquarians make good matches, we never quite click and made it to the next level. If we weren't sisters, we probably wouldn't be friends I guess. In her words, I'm too flighty and in my own world. (read: not a good elder sister who's mature and can guide, mentor and nuture) haha... (she's like the elder sis most of the time)

But thankfully, we're sisters :)
I must have done something right in my past life to have a sister like her. Seriously.

She's received an overseas posting and will be away for 3 years. It's a long time and I will definitely miss her. For someone so young, she's fairly accomplished. I'm proud of her and happy that she's got this opportunity to see the world.

Sure, I will be worried for her safety. She'd be all alone, how will she cope?
Will the distance make us strangers?

A friend once asked me an interesting question, 'Why do you blog?'
I guessed I blog to capture a moment in time. Today, I blog to let my sis know that I love and will miss her. I look back at our growing years with fondness. How could those years have passed so quickly?!?

As we count down to the days before her departure, I'm suddenly seized by a wild panic that there's just not enough time!

To my dearest sis,
"You know just where I dream to go, And remember where I've been... And every time I'm with you it's like coming home again"