Tuesday, July 12, 2005

word-tagged!

I was supposed to complete this little challenge Aparna gave me before I left for Saigon. Now, taking shelter from the storm in an Internet Cafe in Saigon, I've finally had time to finish it up :)

I'm not really a word person, so this is really quite a challenge. Some words listed here I like because they amuse me. Others inspire me with the concept they represent.

hermaphrodude
This word just brings a smile to my face. Came across this in an article in Todayonline. According to the article, hermaphrodudes (aka mirls) are a new breed of well-dressed fashion-savvy, sensitive and "ultra-feminine" men. They're a slightly different from the metrosexuals whom we're so familiar with. her-ma-phro-dude! hahaha

transient
adj: enduring a very short time
n: one who stays for only a short time
Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University


I like the suggestion of non-permanence in this word. Nothing stays the same. Seize the moment!

moss
n: Any of various green, usually small, nonvascular plants of the class Musci of the division Bryophyta.
I like moss. And how the word sounds. Simple, short. Moss.
Moss-covered cobbled walkways come to mind whenever I think of them. I like how they make the rocks feel all velvety (not to be confused by algae which are almost always slimy, moss is soft, furry and velvety).
My fascination with their resilience despite being so tiny probably explains why I like this word. They represent life and you can find them in the tiniest of cracks, their bright green coat seemingly glowing with life.

This is an interesting exercise. Thanks Aparna!
Realised in the process that I never thought much about words. Maybe I should be paying more attention to them.
The rain has lightened to a drizzle now, will make a move and explore the city some more!
cheers!