Saturday, July 16, 2005

Flabbergasted but hopeful!

I'm glad that the NKF saga has come to a close. Was completely oblivious, having no access to SG news here in Saigon.

From the bits and peices that friends sent me, (Thank you guys!)
I can imagine the furore it's created. I mean, how could this be happening?

I am totally flabbergasted. This horrendous breach of public trust is scandalous. The last I heard, both CEO and NKF board has stepped down and the organisation will have to suspend all active fund-raising activities.

Let's hope the new board would do a better job of running NKF and not let the public down again. While I've almost made up my mind to terminate my monthly contribution once I reach home, now that the culprits have stepped down, perhaps I'll wait some more before taking any drastic steps.

Afterall, the charity is for a worthy cause. What will happen to those patients if everyone withdraw their donations? Maybe I'm naive in thinking this, but since the evil-doers are not around any more, let's continue to support the cause.