Monday, August 08, 2005

*sniff*

After a whirlwind weekend, my sis finally departed for Houston this moring, on a 9.30am flight.

I promised myself not to cry. That it's all for the better.

But emotions overwhelmed as our hug unleashed the dam in me.

For the first time in the many months since I know about her overseas posting, I finally told her "I'll miss you."

Sis, if you're ever reading this. This is what I meant to tell you but somehow words fail me when we're together.

Mummy and I have already started looking forward to your return and vacation back here.

Don't worry about us. We'd be fine :)

Go take the world by storm. We're happy for you!!!

When you're feeling lonely or defeated there, remember us back here.
That we'd always be rooting for you. ["Go, Lynette, go!"]
That you'd never ever be alone, no matter how far the distance between us may be. [Hullo technology!]

Perhaps writing this entry will be cathartic.
Goodbyes are always tough for me :(
*sniff*